Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bad Sports Weekend

I can't believe I'm writing this, but it was a real bad sports weekend for me. It all started with my alma matter Pitt getting beat by Rutgers on Saturday. Rutgers was a ranked team, and they could have proved so much by winning that game, but nope. The Cardinals managed to win game 1 of the World Series Saturday Night, so there was some silver lining. It wasn't the Phillies, so it was as good as it could have been. Then Sunday was the worst day of the whole weekend. Michael Vick rediscovered his passing game and beat the Steelers in OT. Unfortunately, it was a televised game, so I had to sit there and watch the beating. Every time the Steelers would score and get my hopes up, Vick and the dirty birds would send them crashing down. The Eagles lost to Tampa Bay. TAMPA BAY!!!!! I mean, come on!! And it took a 62 yard field goal by the Bucs. Then the Otter didn't finish as well as he hoped in the Poker tourney he was playing. Then the Cards lost game 2 of the WS to the cheating Kenny Rogers and the Tigers. Not to mention, I tanked in my football picks. I only had 5 right! And the Otter and I played each other this week in Fantasy Football and he beat me, (with all that Vick scoring, the Steelers defense only got me 6 points, and I'm lucky at at that). Was routing for the Giants last night in Monday Night Football since they're the lesser of the 2 evils in the NFC East. They won, and Burress got me close to beating the Otter, but my luck MUST change! The World Series is going back to St. Louis and the Cards must win for many reasons. A more peaceful, happier home life for one, and maybe they can snap this bad luck streak. The Eagles have to beat the Jags next week and I want to win Steelers-Raiders tickets!! I'm surrounded with good luck piggies at home, so I can only hope maybe they can come through for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Random Table Draw said...

Fly piggies fly! On to Vic-tor-eeeeee

You can do it!!! (Rob Schnider voice)

Cards all the way! Woo Hoo!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home